Psalm 27.13-14

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

and the times, they are a changin'...




It's just about that time of year again...when sprouting life pushes through the asphalt of the church parking lot. A year ago I wrote about brokenness being life forcing its way through our man made crustiness. We call parking lots in that condition 'broken', in terrible shape, a disgrace. I wonder why we can't look at a parking lot in this condition and call it a wonder. Why cant we call it a marvel because, once again, it proves that life pretty much works its way out no matter what has been trying to hold it down.
I say this hoping I will come to an understanding, a settling, a confidence in the fact that God is not going to be held down by my neediness to keep things as they are.
Change is inevitable and I am amazed at His timing.
He is absolutely in control.
And I am quite aware that I am not so dependant on things staying the same as I once was. I have come to the realization that it is in the changes and upheavals that I find God quite constant and steady.
Cant explain right now what is going on but I can tell you, after initial shock wears off, there is an excitement swelling up inside me....
Holy Spirit stuff is happening.
I am not going to miss out on it.
I will stay still and watch and listen.
God is on the move...can you sense it?

2 comments:

Happy said...

yes. :)

I am so looking forward to hearing about the good things He is doing in your life when you can talk about them. :) In the meantime, I am simply blessed (again) to hear that He IS at work, dear sister, and I am right there with you (tho likely in different circumstances) in finding God constant and steady at all times.

"When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay."

Love,
Hap

Percipia said...

Whether it's a disgrace or a miracle depends on your perspective.

If you need the concrete, predictable, solid, easy, grey - it's a shame.

If you're looking for the changing, unpredictable, shapeable, irresistable - that's a whole 'nother bunch o' daisies.

But you have to be willing to LET "all 'round my soul give way."

It's easier and less scary to keep filling the cracks.