Psalm 27.13-14

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Death by Opinion

John 10:33 ~ The Jews answered Him saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a man, make Yourself God."


Their own scriptures taught what Messiah would accomplish. They knew what to watch for. But the veil over their eyes kept them from allowing what they knew to connect with who Jesus really was. He wasn't appearing in the exact way they thought He would and, so, could not (would not) allow themselves to reckon with what they were seeing and hearing. Their cheese was being moved and they refused to accept it. They could not say in their hearts, 'maybe I've been wrong'.

I do myself a great injustice when I set my own opinions as law over reality. All things have to be subjected to the Word and to the fulfilment of that Word. And, I must understand and pray for those who are trapped in living the way those in John 10:31-42 lived- loving darkness more than Truth.

I don't ever want to settle for less than the miraculous, less than the excellent, less than the Truth in any area. Lord, lift any veil that covers my eyes and Lord, lift the veil of those we are trying to reach.

No comments: