Psalm 27.13-14

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Monday, September 3, 2007

Interesting...

It was great getting away for two days. There were no firework revelations but I think I am quieted enough that now I will be able to allow His whispers to change me...
I have been honored to be mentioned by some of my fellow bloggers. Shaun has listed the things he likes about me. You may not know Shaun- he is worth visiting- his honesty as a pastor of a church plant here in Vegas helps to soothe all the criticisms of pastors lately- There are some who really do care about being real and presenting an accurate Jesus. Aside from this I find him extremely funny! Thanks, Shaun, and thanks for being such a good friend to Bekah & Tyson!!!!
Heather mentions my post of a recent Thursday night event among some other links she has found interesting. Her site is also one to be checking into on a regular basis especially if you like being challenged in what you believe on certain topics...
I have heard mentioned that even this Venue (blogging) is church..I believe that also, very much...'where two or more are gathered...' so:
Lastly, and more importantly than all of the above...please visit especiallyHeather 's post on prayer warriors. We have some real warfare to do and all our talk means nothing if we don't do what we believe...She and her friend Marisa need us badly right now. Please let me know that you are posting on her site by leaving a comment here. I need to know we are going to war for our blog brothers and sisters.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks, Faintnot. I think I'm challenging my own beliefs as much as anybody else's!

faintnot said...

I remember an old Rich Mullin song, one that I have been grateful for over the years. I see the shaking of beliefs as a way of getting rid of the junk. What remains is what God has given us to stand on, a Rock, as it were...We need to be challenged once in a while.

"And now the night is fading and the storm is past
And everything that could be shaken was shaken
And all that remains is all I ever really had..."

If we are going to be in the middle of what God is doing we don't need unnecessary baggage...
you have become a good friend, thanks.

Happy said...

Hi, faintnot! Glad the weekend was so good - getting away is sometimes the best thing you can do. I had a weekend like that myself, and it was heavenly. :) Praying for you that you will hear His voice clearly and know what to do when the time is right.

Peace be with you.

Love,
Happy

faintnot said...

that means so much to me, thanks happy!