Psalm 27.13-14

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday morning church in the Rain...

I could sense the rain in the air when I woke up this morning. It doesn't rain much here in the desert so we can tell when it is about to.

It never dawned on me to not get to the park for the service. It never dawned on any of us. It is as normal to be there as anywhere else. No matter what the weather is.

Last week it was so cold. The wind blew hard. Connie's hot soup brought smiles to every one's faces. We served turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy.

This week no one anticipated the rain so a barbecue was planned. By the time we got to the park it had been raining for quite awhile. Which is also unusual for the desert. Usually the rain is done in a couple of hours. Too late to plan anything else we started the fire, good and hot so the rain wouldn't put it out. Pastor Dave gathered everyone together to start the teaching. One of the men asked if he could open in prayer. Pastor said yes so he prayed. He thanked God for all that he had, how he had so much. And in reality he still lives better than most of the rest of the world.

Pastor shared the Word, and by the time the food was ready we all looked pretty much the same...wet and cold. One of the men asked if we had gloves. I had just stopped into Big Lots before I came to the park. I had picked up some gloves real cheap and had about 6 pair on me. It was so good to be prepared for his request. The gloves fit beautifully. He smiled and so did I. Some of the men remarked that they didn't think we would come today because of the weather. I heard Jimmy say that we would always be there every Friday no matter what. It was good, this rainy, cold day today. It was so good. We were all so grateful to be together. We have become community. God is knitting us together in love. There is being established trust and respect.

Today was the best Friday-morning-church-in-the-park since I began last February.I am so blessed of God to be able to be a part of this. I love being out where He is moving.

Tomorrow we go to the apartments to serve dinner and presents to the families there. This will be my first visit there. I am very excited to see what the Lord would have me do here. Being back at the church where I spent most of my born again years is good.

It has been a very 'alive' day...very alive is exactly how I feel right now. I am in a different kind of expression of worship...doing what He would have me do for the Kingdom. There is melody in my heart.













No comments: