Psalm 27.13-14

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

...then up and out to the Park on Friday morning

The last two Friday morning Church in the Park gatherings brought 65-70 people. Yes, there was just enough food but this Friday we were actually short one fork!!!

Pastor Dave asked if anyone wanted to pray for the Lord to bless the food. One of the men stood and said he would. We had never seen him before but his prayer was so powerful- he shared that the Word says when you fall, get up, and if you fall over and over again, get up over and over again. Then he prayed for the food and thanked God for the sense of community that we all had together.

He knew the word and he knew what to pray...and then he sat down. Nothing fancy, just very real...

It is such a relief to be in the middle of what God is doing...now...here is the thing with me...He has allowed me to be a part of what others have stepped out to do...I want to step out on something He would have me do. Don't you? Any thought on what you think He is nudging you to do?

Maybe if we exchange some ideas it will spark something in us to move on it...

1 comment:

Nate said...

Thought I would continue our conversation here. That sychroblog thing.

Anyway, I guess what you are getting at, is what is the foundation of my faith. It is the bible. Period. Not the catholics, episopalians, the charismatics, the serpant churches, none of that. Just the bible. But, there is such a lack of scripture quoting? That is for people who are trying to prove something to other people. I am not. I am not trying to convert to my cause, or show my righteousness. I am simply stating my beliefs, not justifying them. The only person who's opinion on this subject matters to me, is God. That is it. So, it sounds conceited I know, it doesn't matter to me that others want clarification. If they would like it, I will have to look most of it up. Becuase I can quote it, but can not tell you where it is. I have only a 17% reading retention. So most of what I retain are concepts. Thus, the getting it down to define it. Now, would I never go to church again? I won't say that. Because if I felt lead to go, I would go. Obedience to God is one of the foundations of my beliefs. But I am sure that I have not answered all of your questions. I would be more than willing to answer more.